Job Opening: Full Time Production and Shipping Assistant
Company: Podiumwear Custom Sports Apparel
Position: Production and Shipping Assistant
Job Description: A rapidly growing custom apparel company in St. Paul, MN is looking for a production and shipping assistant. Primary duties would be fabric cutting and shipping. For shipping this includes sending out color swatches, size sets and final products. For cutting, this person will use an electric hand-held cutting machine to cut out fabric pattern pieces precisely and quickly. Adjust cutting techniques to types of fabrics and styles of garments. Inspect all pieces for quality control while cutting. We require the diligence to work to a high standard, even unsupervised. Some experience is preferred but we are also willing to train.
- Daily preparation and shipments via USPS and UPS
- Communicate with manager on job and deadline issues.
- Cut pattern pieces to within ¼ inch of template guidelines.
- Inspect pattern pieces to ensure that specifications are met.
- Inspect each piece for print quality and/or print errors while cutting.
- Notify supervisors of any quality control issues and/or mechanical malfunctions.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Good English and numeric skills.
- Good arm-hand steadiness – the ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm.
- High level of manual dexterity.
- Ability to communicate with supervisors and peers.
- Must be able to work standing up most of the time.
- Ability to use shipping software
- Ability to lift and move packages up to 30-40lbs.
Special consideration will be give to candidates with experience in studio photography and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop.
Full Time. Hourly wage based on experience, Paid time off and retirement benefits after 90 days. Opportunities for advancement.
Please send resume to Jobs@podiumwear.com.